Thursday, May 26, 2011

How Many People Own a Mac over a PC

I deicded to run a litte experiment of my own to see which computer people own the most on Facebook. I thought Facebook would be a good place to conduct this survey because there is a very large verity of people who go onto Facebook and everyone has their own interests. I kept the survey up for a couple of days and 100 people responded to the post. Out of the 100 people these are the results that I have come up with. I asked the people on Facebook which computer they own in their household and this is what they voted on:

With more people saying they own a Mac computer and even saying they owned both over the PC computers really suprised me. I would have thought that since PC dominated the market for so long that more people would own a PC over a Mac but I was clearly wrong. I decided to do more research in order to see what other surveys were taken and this is what I found. According to CNN " in 2010 Mac computer sold 88% more then PC computers did" (Mc Mcraken). But why do we think this is? Mac seems to be nominating the technology world because they are good at bringing out the new and shinny things in technology. This is just further showing up how Mac is changing the technology of our world today. If 88% of consumers own a Mac over a PC then what ever Mac comes out with will be the new thing because majority of the population as one. I guess Mac is really talking over the technology sceen today? Right?

1 comment:

  1. i owns a mac and its wonderful

    When you first try mac
    You´ll never go back

    ReplyDelete